hi Alan,

Maybe calling the average was a bit misleading after all :

So I created a demo database with 1 form
On this form I have 12 listboxes with 1 column
On load of each listbox I insert 20 columns with LISTBOX INSERT COLUMN

Inspecting the 4D debug log I am seeing something I did mention below :
LISTBOX INSERT COLUMN becomes slower when more columns have been inserted

The first call executes in 0,001 second
The last call (240) executes in 0,029 second

Do you think this is normal behavior, because more "objects" are on the form?
Or is this maybe a performance issue?

By the way, what did you mean with " I assumed that you were "appending" column
instead of inserting column before existing columns " ?
I suppose you mean with the same command? Do you mean you think putting the
column behind the last could be faster than when putting columns in front
others?

Gr,

Piotr