Chip,

> as to the 'wrong item' being selected.
> you typed in some character(s) and an item was selected based on the
> text entered, you then hit Down Arrow, this would select the next item
> in the list.

        At least for me, that is not how it works on the Mac. I type in
something and the list is not opened. I hit the down arrow key and the list
opens with the item I typed matched and selected in the drop down. It dow not
select the next item down.

> As to why the drop down is not opening with the down arrow, I do not
> know.
> One possibility... try a modifier key (alt, control, etc) maybe there
> has been a change in the activation of the drop down via key stroke, or
> maybe it is a bug.

        Same database on both. I tried every combination of modifier keys I
could think of. No joy.

John

John Baughman
Kailua, Hawaii