On my Mac if I hit the down arrow key the list drops down with the match, if
any, selected and the match is stored in the object.

On my PC if I hit the down arrow key the list does NOT drop down, and if a
match exists the next item in the list is stored in the object.

The only way I can get the drop down list is to click it and what’s up with the
wrong item getting selected.

Is this normal behavior on the PC or am I missing something?

v16 R5

John

> On Nov 8, 2017, at 2:03 PM, John Baughman <john...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>
> Of course. If, however, you go down that rabbit hole with your eyes open…
>
> Take for example using Employee_Number as I mentioned. If business rules do
> not allow deletion or changing of this field once it is created, then I see
> no problem using it as a relational key. For an Employee Number this usually
> goes beyond the 4D database to other accounting programs, payroll systems,
> etc. Changing an employee number would reek havoc throughout a company.
>
> I guess instead of a “user definable field” it is a “one time user definable
> field”.
>
> I too avoid using a user definable field as a relational/unique field, but o
> occasion I have done so, but only if I was certain that the field had no
> chance of ever breaking the relationship due to user intervention.
>
> John
>
>> On Nov 8, 2017, at 12:48 PM, Chip Scheide via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com
>> <mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>> wrote:
>>
>> ** NO ** user definable data should be used as relational/unique key
>> value.
>
> John Baughman
> Kailua, Hawaii
> (808) 262-0328