A welcome addition, the inverse of EXECUTE METHOD IN SUBFORM

Finished crazy On Timer hacks, Call Subform with negative events...

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 8:55 PM, John Baughman via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> I was trying to update a footer cell of a list box in a parent form, from
> a list box in a sub form.  While the subform could reference the list box
> itself in the parent, I could not get it to reference any of the parent
> list box’s footers.
>
> Hey, maybe a call form will work… Yep.
>
> So the cool part, at least in my simple mind is, that I did not have to
> write any new code. I just used the same method I was using to update the
> footers while in the parent as the call form method.
>
> So while in the parent form I call...
>
>         Timesheets_UpdateFooter
>
> From the subform…
>
>         CALL FORM(vTimeSheetFormID;” Timesheets_UpdateFooter”)
>
> As an 4D old timer always said… Cool Beans (wonder what’s become of
> Michael Erickson)
>
> Was this an obvious use to everyone else, or am i just slow to the point?
>
> John
>

> John Baughman
> Kailua, Hawaii
> (808) 262-0328
> john...@hawaii.rr.com

Jim Dorrance
jim.dorra...@gmail.com
4...@dorrance.eu
www.4d.dorrance.eu

PS: If you know of anyone that needs an experienced 4D programmer to add
energy and experience to their team, please let me know. I have
experience in many areas. Reasonable rates. Remote or Paris only.