On Mar 14, 2018, at 12:03 PM, Jody Bevan wrote:

> This is a very timely topic for me. We put a good chunk of our medical
> application on the Web back in 2004. Back then we used Apache up front, and
> then just used 4D to generate the HTML. We had 4D serve the HTML through a 4D
> Client back through Apache. It worked very well, and is still running today.
> The company that bought our company had that approach adapted to their
> software since for some reason they could not figure out how to do it with
> Microsoft SQL Server product (strange!).

Hi Jody,

"The company that bought our company…” is something I didn’t know. I went to
www.jonoke.com <http://www.jonoke.com/> and got redirected to
https://www.qhrtechnologies.com <https://www.qhrtechnologies.com/>. So Jonoke
Software Dev is no more?

I guess that explains why you “retired” and moved to that “tropical" place. You
sold your company and got rich. Congratulations!

> Wakanda comes to mind too, but that can be for private discussions at the
> Summit in April, unless someone would like to comment on that. Looking
> forward to the Summit in April, seeing people I have not seen in years, and
> learning again. Going back into the first world for a ‘vacation’ from the
> farm - lucky am I.

Looking forward to seeing you too in April at 4D Summit. Also glad you are
coming back to the “first world”. They always say retirement is not all that it
is cracked up to be. :)

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions