Hi,

Thank you for all your responses. I just need to get past this final road block.

I have gotten dynamic variables to work on headers and footers with the
exception of the LISTBOX SET FOOTER CALCULATION.

Miyako pointed out that the default type for footers is text, and to change it
I have to use VARIABLE TO VARIABLE.

The documentation, in connection with retyping dynamic variables, describes
this as
if(form event=on load)

c_text($Init)
$Ptr_Object:=OBJECT GET POINTER(Object named;”Comments”)
$init:=””
VARIABLE TO VARIABLE($Ptr_Object->; init)

end if

The documentation also says the dynamic variable can be subsequently be
referred to in the manner

$p:=object get pointer(object named;”start”)
$p:=?12:00:00?

I am using an EMPTY current selection listbox on load, footers enabled, with
columns being assigned in a loop for the number of columns, using INSERT
LISTBOX COLUMN. The example above seems to presume that the column is already
assigned in the listbox, but modeling after the above within the loop:
if(column = the one I want a footer total for)
c_longint($Init)
$Ptr_Object:=OBJECT GET POINTER(Object named;”Invoice Amount”)
$init:=””
VARIABLE TO VARIABLE($Ptr_Object->; init)

end if

This is in client server mode.

Please verify that the object should be the column name used in INSERT LISTBOX
COLUMN, or alternatively, the footer column name.

I have tried this with getting a pointer to the footer column name used in
INSERT LISTBOX COLUMN, and using the dynamically assigned footer name retrieved
with GET LISTBOX ARRAYS.

I get error 54.

Once I get by this problem I should be able to use

LISTBOX SET FOOTER CALCULATION(*;XXX;listbox footer sum)

where XXX is either the footer object name submitted with INSERT LISTBOX
COLUMN, or the dynamic footer name retrieved with GET LISTBOX ARRAYS. I don’t
know which.

Thanks,

Michael