On Jun 7, 2019, at 8:48 AM, Narinder Chandi via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> Hi all. I am migrating a v15 database to v17, 4D Server running on Mac. I
> need some opinions as to what to do with regards to converting commands
> marked as obsolete as per this article:
[snip]
> I have searched the archives on this topic but opinions seem to be divided on
> whether or not to do this conversion? Perhaps I am mistaken, but I am of the
> opinion that it will have to be done sooner or later as 4D reserves the right
> to remove obsoleted commands and will eventually do so?
>
> TL;DR the options are:
> 1. Replace
> 2. Do nothing for v17

Is there anything wrong with option 2, and just fixing these as you update the
code around them? The commands still work in v17, even subtables still seem to
work. I may replace the subtable this time around just because it’s only used a
couple places and it’s a convenient time to change the structure.

My personal approach with 4D is to wait until I have to touch working code,
since perhaps by the time the commands don’t work there will be language
enhancements that make me want to touch the code.

Jim Crate