Michael Jarosch wrote:
> Am Montag, den 29.06.2009, 08:08 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
>
>> There might be a better way to do it.
>>

> There will be a better way to do it: Later versions (but certainly not
> that of 8.04) of the "Frequency Scaling Monitor Applet" will support
> "policy kit". For now, there is no better way than setting SUID. This is
> not a big problem for a multimedia system IMHO - earth health comes
> before security... :)
>
> Greetings

Thank you Michael :)

there also is at least one self-interested aspect. Maybe it will be
noticeable by the electricity bill.
For real-time usage it perhaps is an advantage to set the scaling to
'Performance', but while checking emails etc. it seems to be better to
set the scaling to 'Ondemand'. For KDE there's a tool called
'kpowersafe' in the repositories, but I still have to check if it's fine
for 64 Studio 3.0-beta3. I guess for other 'Desktops' like Ion2, Fluxbox
etc. we don't need a solution, because I guess we only will run them to
reduce load on real-time usage.

Cheers,
Ralf