Gustin Johnson wrote:
> AppArmor and a firewall are redundant?  The phrase "defense in depth" is
> not just a sales term, every level needs to be protected.  Microsoft
> understands this as well, perhaps better than most.

If AppArmor and a Firewall are needed, than I can't understand that they
are not default for 64 Studio. For Suse they are defaults.

Some people have special locks on their doors, other never go out
without a Teaser. Many people are insured, some are not. I guess the
need for this depends to the individual situation.

> Consider that most compromised machines have a
> heavier load than if they were not compromised, so they are using more
> energy.

If the machine is compromised you will notice this for a DAW, because of
the load. I guess compromised machines are those machines, from people,
that have too much resources for their machine, they never will need the
resources, but a rootkit can run because of this.