Gustin Johnson wrote:

> Michael Jarosch wrote:
>
>> Am Montag, den 29.06.2009, 08:08 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
>>
>>> There might be a better way to do it.
>>>
>> There will be a better way to do it: Later versions (but certainly not
>> that of 8.04) of the "Frequency Scaling Monitor Applet" will support
>> "policy kit". For now, there is no better way than setting SUID. This is
>> not a big problem for a multimedia system IMHO - earth health comes
>> before security... :)
>>

> Seriously, just use a password.  Security and power saving at the same time.

How can this be done for the panel applet? And the password is required
for each session? I can't relay on being save with the SUID set for this
application and it depends on a kernel module, however, I trust that
even if somebody would hack my machine, that this won't have grievous
consequences. I don't run a firewall and highlighted no AppAmor on 64
Studio. I know people who have the opinion, that a distro that don't
runs AppArmor by default is invalid. IMO AppArmor is redundant and a
Firewall is it too. Not to set the SUID bit seems to be much, much
better. I'm busy because of other stuff I have to do. I agree with "IMHO
- earth health comes before security... :)" by Michael.
This really is something that should be solved and a default for 3.0.