On Nov 30, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm currently playing around with some ideas for a new (or perhaps
very old ? ;-o) computing architecture, based on 9P + Java.
It's a bit of old Burroughs MF, a bit of Ambric and a bit ja Java ;-o

The idea bind: have a bunch of tiny Java machines (not the whole
JEE bloat, just a very small set of basic classes) which talk to
each other through filesystems (of course via 9P ;-P).

But what's next? Do you have a specific application for these things
in mind?

Besides, Inferno seems to be delivering much more on the
original Java promise, anyway. So why not use it instead?
Or do you really plan to take advantage of the intricacies
of the VM?

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Speaking of Inferno -- I have always wanted to run it
natively on these puppies:
    http://www.sunspotworld.com/