* Fernan Bolando <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

> That is very cool I am doing something similar ( I think ).
> In hugs (haskell interpreter) there are some things that relies on
> loadable modules. I created a plumber call and it launches a handler
> for some of those things.
>
> Now I can use libraries from p9p and 9vx without porting. I am
> guessing it would also work on a remote machine, meaning I can compile
> the handler on a super fast plan9 or a p9p machine and just mount the
> plumber and run my haskell code as usuall.

Cool :)
Let's me know if you've got something working (maybe even ported to p9p ?)
My functional programming experiences are some ages ago, but I think,
I should dig it out again ...

Would be even cool, if we someday have an distributed multi-language
grid environment :)

That's the point, where 9P/synthetic filesystems make *REALLY* fun.

cu

 cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   skype: nekrad666