On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 15:35 +0200, Rudolf Sykora
rudolf.sykora-at-gmail.com |9fans| wrote:
> I can have that '|fmt -w 72' anywhere in any window, but other than
> where my text is. I ensure I have 'Edit' in the tag line of the text
> window. I highlight the text I want be formatted. I go to the window
> with the command, |fmt -w 72. I highlight that. I go back to the Edit
> in the text's window. I 2-1 chord on that Edit. And it does do, what
> you want. Or not? Where is the trouble?
>
> Ruda

Wow, this is great.  I've been using acme (from P9P( for a while, and
wily before that, but I never knew that would work.  I type all my |
commands in the main tag so that I can use them in any window, but this
will be easier.

Given how useful and important it is to have Edit in the tag of text
windows, is there some reason that it isn't there automatically?

        thanks,
        Peter Canning