On Sep 3, 2009, at 1:38 PM, tlaro...@polynum.com wrote:

C shall be the test. If you don't even understand C, explained by K&R,
then do something else.

I'm glad this attitude exists, particularly here in the Plan 9 community, where it belongs. But I don't agree. There are many languages because there are many ways of thinking about programming. Most people don't get introduced to the right one on the first try. Obviously C programmers have unique talents, but I prefer to think the world has a shortage of good programmers, not a glut of bad ones. Few got to excellence by birth alone.

—
Daniel Lyons