makes sense... this was a long time ago... :)

--
cinap
--- Begin Message ---
On Fri Mar 18 22:48:04 EDT 2011, cinap_len...@gmx.de wrote:

> check the output of cat /dev/sdC0/ctl for lba48always.
>
> i have it enabled on my t23 because i got i/o erros (on a particular
> block number that i forgot...  it was reproducable) if its off.

i don't really think this is the problem, since a dd on the whole
disk worked.

the reason for your error is there's an obi wan in the sources code.
the reason for the misunderstanding is the wierd way ata reports
the size of the disk.  i submitted a patch with this long ago.

but perhaps we should just decide that all disk drives alive today
can do 48 bit addressing, and just do that.

enum{
        Last28  = (1<<28) - 1 - 1,
};

static int
atageniostart(Drive* drive, uvlong lba)
{
        Ctlr *ctlr;
        uchar cmd;
        int as, c, cmdport, ctlport, h, len, s, use48;

        use48 = 0;
        if((drive->flags&Lba48always) || lba > Last28 || drive->count > 256){

- erik

--- End Message ---