> could somebody put together a step-by-step on how
> to build for Lion?  I've downloaded the plan9ports
> tarball, extracted it to /usr/local/plan9, and
> done an hg pull -u, but INSTALL dies with
> complaints from ld about a malformed TOC entry in
> libbio.a.

John, this problem comes from Xcode 4.1.  If the
change to 9ar doesn't work for you (it doesn't for
me), try this hack:

        http://9fans.net/archive/2011/09/75

All should compile except Devdraw.  There are 3
versions of Devdraw in src/cmd/devdraw(!) The
default is the Carbon version: It doesn't work
anymore.  Then there is "devdraw-cocoa": an old
attempt.  Then there is my version, currently
called "cocoa", but it is the last week's release,
and I don't recommend to use it.  I recommend to
use the yesterday's release: it is not in the
official tree yet, but there is a patch here:

        http://codereview.appspot.com/5015042

Then you can do:

        mk cocoa && DEVDRAW=cocoa colors

But you cannot do:

        mk cocoa && DEVDRAW=cocoa acme

because, apparently, all that is based on
Libthread doesn't work.  If you do a small program
with 2 procs, a qlock, and some print(), you will
see that the output is very inconsistent.  Russ
recently said: "I am using Xcode 4.2 on Lion
without problems".  So it is maybe another Xcode
4.1 issue.

A solution is to use old binaries working on Snow Leopard, and then you can do:

        mk cocoa && DEVDRAW=cocoa acme