Jack Campin says -

> My pet hate is excessive automation.  I DO NOT want the process of
> installing system-critical software gizmos buried in an unreadable
> script.

Judging by your website, Jack, you are a highly experienced computer user.
Most people aren't.  A lot of people are going to be put off by loads of
techno-wibble about DLLs and registries and such.  They want to install a
piece of software and use it.

When it comes to getting installation instructions right, who do you mistrust
least, Microsoft or me?

> Well, users oughta get to grumble about what developers give them.

Not the impression I got a few months ago.

Bryan