Hello,

if possible please not the ">" and "<" characters, I use them for
indicating the positions of the handle of the hurdy gurdy.

I would recomend some other not singable standard keyboard character
anyway: "@" or"#" or "$" .
The Idea to tie it to the L: could have its merits, especially if one
could use an L: field directly bevore the w: field like:

X:1
L:1/4
M:3/4
K:C