How should a program handle this:
M:3/4
L:1/4
A5 A| ...

I think what the author was intending was:
A4- AA|

but since there is no '1/2 dot' in music that I know of, there is really no note head
that corresponds to A5.  Since beaming in ABC is defined by the music and not the
program, I had taken this to mean that a single note should correspond to a note with
a single beam.

In the A5 case it was pretty obvious what to do, but in the more general case, is
there something that ABC defines, or people expect to happen, when the note duration
explicitly specified doesn't correspond to a known note length?

Thanks for the input,
Aaron