>> I'm not sure my hosting service would allow to run
applications...

>Hmmm, that would be a problem...

yes, I tried yesterday, they don't allow this, I uploaded a
version of abcm2ps I compiled on linux, but they don't even allow
to change the CHMOD on it so it's not possible to run it. And many
of your php scripts have functions they don't allow at all, in a
way they're not wrong because of some abuse...

>1) My code is a bit spaghetti here and there. When it goes fast I
find

btw I don't know much about php and such... so I can't really know
what to do. I'll try it on local, as soon as I reinstall a decent
linux o/s.

>2) Although I did (re)start some translation (look in lokale) the
>comments to the code are mostly in danish, sorry...

det er ikke noe problem... ;)

>Jack Campin :

>Not necessarily - there is no port of abcm2ps for the Mac, but
>Ghostscript (and other ways of printing Postscript files) are
>available for it.

ah yes, that's right. But if you compile the source of abcmp2ps,
doesn't it work ? Or is it because there is no command line on Mac
? I hope with MacOSX it is o.k. now.

>Sue Andrews :

>whether
>there is  way to print
>out fiddle tunes in the bass clef?

yes there is ! :)

or ex. I play this tune on fiddle (it should be cello btw, or
conterbass I can't remember) :

X:41
T:Premier Divertissement - Jupiter modérément (version de travail)
C:Forqueray
O:France
Z:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://anamnese.fr.st
M:C
L:1/8
Q:1/4=147
K:Dm
GFE |: DFEF AFED | ^CA,^CE AGFE | FDFA dfed | ^cd^cB ABAG |
FAdf  agfe | GBdg bagf | ed^cB  Aeae | fgfe dGFE |
DFEF AFED | ^CA,^CE AGFE | FDFA dfed | ^cd^cB ABAG |
FAdf  agfe | GBdg bagf | ed^cB  AGFE | FGFE DGFE |

To display it for bass key, just add this :

K:Dm bass
%%MIDI transpose -24

it gives :

X:41
T:Premier Divertissement - Jupiter modérément (version de travail)
C:Forqueray
O:France
Z:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://anamnese.fr.st
M:C
L:1/8
Q:1/4=147
K:Dm bass
%%MIDI transpose -24
GFE |: DFEF AFED | ^CA,^CE AGFE | FDFA dfed | ^cd^cB ABAG |
FAdf  agfe | GBdg bagf | ed^cB  Aeae | fgfe dGFE |
DFEF AFED | ^CA,^CE AGFE | FDFA dfed | ^cd^cB ABAG |
FAdf  agfe | GBdg bagf | ed^cB  AGFE | FGFE DGFE |

It works fine even on http://atte.dyndns.dk/lovsang/input.php if
you don't have all the ghostscript things installed on your
system.

For a folk tune it's the same :

just add "bass" in the K: field (it seems it's not necessary to
add %%MIDI transpose -24 (or -12) for the lastest abcm2ps, it is
"intelligent" and can transpose automatically)

X:3
T:Statia Donelly's
R:jig
O:Ireland - Éire
Z:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
M:6/8
L:1/8
Q:3/8=130
K:C bass
E |: AGA cBA | ede ged | ege ede | cec dBG |
     AGA cBA | ede ged | edc BAB | cAA A2 E :|
  |: A2B cBA | c2d ecA | G^FG dBG | dBG BAG |
     A2B cBA | GBA GED | EDC B,A,B,|1 CA,A,A,2 E :| CA,A,A,2 z ||

your son will be able to play all the O'Neill book on cello now !
:)