On 10 Feb 2003, Alain Henry wrote:

> I'm sorry about my quick typing.  here is a corrected version, with the
> two verses we sing.  The score is adapted (simplified) for our choir,
> using some notes from the tenor line when bass is too high.  Thus this
> is not the true bass.  Also I have problems with the second sentence of
> the second verse.  Number os syllables does not match well the score.
> You can hear it "live" at the web site of the Italian Alpine Army Corps
> (hope i translate well from my French)

right, the Alpini. I too served as an Alpino in the Army!

> Guido, I'd be happy for a translation in English, and thanks for the
> explanations.

er... if I'm not asking for too much, I'd like to post all parts... then
I'll do the job of translating and documenting the tune. I'll eventually
publish it (_only_ with your permission) on my abcplus page.

Ciao,
     Guido =8-)

--
Guido Gonzato, Ph.D. <guido . gonzato at univr . it> - Linux System Manager
Universita' di Verona (Italy), Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.