On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Georg Hajdu wrote:

> 4/8 sharp IS a full sharp (as you know, the reference interval is
> always a whole tone).

Sorry, I didn't realize that. I thought you were
dividing a regular sharp into 8 pieces. Now I
understand we are actually dealing with eighth-tones.

> Therefore labeling it ^4 may be a bit misleading, but
> it's ok if you can use the symbols alternatively.

It's probably best to allow ^0 to ^8, where '^0' is the
same as '=', '^4' is the same as '^' and '^8' is the
same as '^^'

> Other than that, I like it.

Now the next step. How do these special symbols (^1 ^2
^3 ^5 ^6 and maybe ^7) look---do you have an example?
How do they sound---are it exact eighth-tones?

Are you going to implement this extension yourself?

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ~~~*