On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, John Chambers wrote:

> Buddha Buck writes:
> | Georg Hajdu wrote:
> | Actually, I could suggest another notation:  _#C, where # is a single
> | digit, means flatting C by that many eighth-tones.  For finer control,
> | _##C, where ## is a pair of digits, means flattening C by that many
> | cents, or 100ths of a semitone.   ^#C and ^##C have analogous
> | defintions, but sharpening instead.

> Or, to be consistent with the rest of abc, we could just put a length
> after an accidental.  So _2/3A would be an A that is flatted 2/3 of a

The _# notation is already consistent with the rest of
ABC. See, note lengths are always given relative to the
default fraction specified in the L: field. The default
fraction of the _# notation just happens to be an
1/8th.

Wouldn't a resolution of an 1/8th note be sufficient
for musical notation?

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]