    Jeff> I would find it particularly useful to have an explicit
    Jeff> linebreak command that would override the "continue all line
    Jeff> ends (append '\')" option to the abc2ps-like programs.
    Jeff> Usually, I want the program to just decide where to put the
    Jeff> line breaks, with a few rare exceptions.

I feel the same way about having the program figure it out.  But I
find when I'm writing lilypond, which has both  \break and \noBreak
commands, I use \noBreak much more often.  That is, usually it doesn't
matter to me, but once in a while there's a line break at a clearly
undesirable place, so I say, "Don't do that," and then lily does
something more reasonable.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574