In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jeff Bigler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>I would find it particularly useful to have an explicit linebreak
>command that would override the "continue all line ends (append '\')"
>option to the abc2ps-like programs.  Usually, I want the program to just
>decide where to put the line breaks, with a few rare exceptions.

The solution I'm coming up with on the next release of Music Publisher
is to provide an editing screen where changes can be made to abc file
before use. And including a "reflow" command for bars so that it will
fit on whatever page and stave size you have defined.

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland