Richard Robinson wrote -

>It woul be a start. I fear the only real answer (or not even that) would be
>for some masochistic altruist^H^H^H^H wonderful person to write a Windows
>app providing similar functionality, to which people could be encouraged
>to "upgrade" in order to solve compatability problems.

Abacus 2.0.0 coming shortly.  Not entirely altruistis, it will be shareware.

Unfortunately, to really to solve compatability problems you need a
masochistic altruist who will go back and remove all the line-break !s from all the
tune files created with abc2win over the last eight years or so which might annoy
the people who chose to put them in.  (I'm not volunteering.)

Bryan Creer