> We've had the suggestion a few times in the past that there
> be  a way to give a length for bracketed chords, instead of
> repeating the length for each note.  Thus [Ace]4  could  be
> used  for  [A4c4e4].   In  one  discussion, we even had the
> suggestion of multiplying lengths if they  are  present  in
> both places, so [A4ce]2 would be [A8c2e2].

I think it got lost within the discussion about having notes of
differing lengths within chords.  [Ace]4 doesn't have anything
like the same semantical problems as [A4ce] so it might be
better to discuss it separately.

There shouldn't be any problem with any durational modifier being
applied to a chord made up of same-length notes, should there?

    {[DGB][EAc]}(3:2:4[EGB]2[DFA]/<<{[EGB]}[EGc]/

for example.