From: "Richard Robinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 09:46:44PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > So, Guido - why are you compiling with A4 instead of US letter?  Don't
most people print sheet music using standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper?  (I do
realize that many of "us" are not in the US, so this may be pure ignorance
here as well).

> Certainly, A4 seems more-or-less standard in Britain. I have the
> impression it is for (at least a lot of) Europe.

I think either default is reasonable. Not that it's important, the question
to me is did Guido change the default? I've only picked up binaries from
there and have no recollection of attempting my own compilation.

Another question to me (at least from my biased UK view point) is why do the
US have to be so akward? I'm sure life would much easier for all if they
adopted the metric system, ISO stds for paper, etc.