Dear Access Indians,

As the subject suggests, I am facing an issue with my HP laptop.

I bought this laptop around a year ago, and it was giving me a battery
backup of minimum of 5-6 hours.

Recently I noticed that the battery started draining very quickly, and even
the charging became very rapid. Concerning the same, I lodged a complaint
with HP Customer Care. Following the same, an Engineer came to my place and
after checking my laptop, he updated my Bios, saying that ‘This issue was
because of the older version of the Bios’. But even after that, the battery
issue remained the same.

Lastly after all this, he said that, ‘There is no other option, than to
take your laptop to the service center, to check all the possible errors’.
To which I agreed, and he took my laptop for 2 days.

Now after 2 days I got my laptop back, but with the same battery issue,
stating that, your windows needs to be recovered.

Now, I am looking for your guidance regarding 2 of my concerns-

1.       I am feeling skeptical that, if my hardware has been tampered
with? So, is there any way out to check whether my hardware is original?

2.       Shall I opt for windows recovery? Isn’t there any other solution
than this? Because according to them, my laptop’s hardware is perfectly
fine, and there are some resource files running because of which battery is
draining badly.

Hoping for a quick response.

Thanks and Regards,

Kriti Banga