From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of aisha sahani
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 12:17 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] behaviour of my superior

I agree that equality is not uniformity, but put yourself in shoes of
his boss, why in the world he'd like to invest extra money for mr.
Mahesh?

I'm aware there are CSR drives, but you can't fight for CSR things,
they are done as per the company policies and one's own willingness.

If mr. Mahesh is using jaws in his office, company people might have
provided that, which is a reasonable accommodation.

Suppose he demands for a daily escort to pick and drop him saying that
his mobility is not good and he is skilled otherwise, would you say
its justified?

I don't say that its at all possible for a blind person to move with
complete independence, but no one denies you to take help from local
people including strangers, the world is still helpful around the
globe.

Moreover, that's what i say.
He can surely take help from his colleagues, but he can't insist his
management to pay money to those  colleagues for helping him.

When i go to college, i take help from strangers to catch the buss, to
reach my destination, etc.
I won't like to ask my parents to pick and drop me every day, as they
all have their own works. Right?

I guess i'm still independent in mobility.

For me, the definition of independence is to perform your work without
bothering others.
In fact, if a stranger helps me, he/she is doing from willingness, not
any insistence.
Aisha sahani.

On 9/28/10, Asudani, Rajesh <rajeshasud...@rbi.org.in> wrote:
> Of course, of course, she also would  fall foul of coming upto  expectations
> of votaries  of strict self reliance.
> And, then why madam aisha, do we give maternity leave to female employees,
> if everybody is equal and must be treated according to fixed standards of
> so-called independent productivity?
>
> Please remember, equality is not uniformity.
> differences have to be duly defered to.
>
> And, let me reitterate again, independent mobility is a myth at least for
> blind, let anyone prove me wrong if they can.

disability bill at: