hi Folks,
In my view, when you apply for a job, your motto is not to test how
aware the employer is. You want job, and the kind of lack of awareness
we have in India, there are very few employers who would call you for
interview after seeing disability mentioned on your CV.
Moreover, I wonder why do we need to mention disability on CV? I find
no reason at all until I’m able to perform equally with my other
sighted colleagues.
Many of the sighted folks have health problems like heart issues,
diabetes etc, and like its not necessary for them to reveal their
health problems on CV, it should be same in disability too.
The purpose of CV is to answer “how able you are”, rather “how disable you are”.

So in my humble advise, mention your skillset on your resume, not
disability.  its just a physical difference, which does not matter at
all till you are able enough to perform the job you are appearing for.
The road ahead from submitting resume is already tuff, I find it
unwise to make it tuffer by yourself by committing unnecessary
mistakes.

Regards,
Prateek agarwal.
Director,