Hello Members,

Here today I bring in another debateable topic of discussion to the group.

I understand getting a job as a visually impaired person is a challenge in it
self. Those of us who make it through have some sense of acccomplishment. Once
in the job other factors come into play mainly for the sake of this discussion
I would like to address "Performance Rating".

I would like the members who are already employed to shed some light on this
subject. How is your performance measured? Are you compared to the rest of your
team which comprises of sighted people? OR is there a mix of it? or do they
have some other way of rating your performance? Are they comparing apples with
apples when it comes to performance rating? Does your disability come in the
way of appraisals or promotions?

I assume that there is no solid answer to any of these questions. But it will
help in getting some clarity on the subject from our community members who are
already employed and on the job. Do share your views on this please.

Mujtaba Merchant
Bangalore, India