I completely agree with what Rajesh Sir said.
It often happens that we're unable to communicate with people who are
at  some distance   from us.
One major reason for this is that we cannot even know if the other
person is even listening to us or not.

I also try to laugh it off if I can. Although I won't pretend that it
doesn't sometimes  land you in really awkward situations.
Another different, but related, problem is that we always have to
depend upon    the other person to start the conversation.
 This can be interpreted as rude behaviour by the uninitiated.

Cheers,
Rahul