From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of avinash shahi
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 6:44 AM
To: jnuvision; sayeverything
Cc: accessindia
Subject: [AI] Blind Beggars in Banglore

Dear All
Nobody wants to begg, but hunger and burning stomach compell many to do so.
We should respect these blind beggars, who are in absense of any elementary
support by family and the state are compelled to begg for alms. they are
fighting for bare minimum.There are thousands who are forced to begg like
them.
Can we do anything for them?
They are six blind men, 2 Aged around thirty, two mid thirties and other two
above forty.. Two are holding dirty rounded clowths and others have stranded
their palms in anticipation of money and food and singing in corus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pEmOXC3M8w
Please if possible supply few data/surveys done on blind beggars in Indian
cities I'm writing one piece on blind beggars for one national Indian
Magazine. Please if you know any locality in Delhi where blind beggars live
in groups then also inform me.
---
Avinash Shahi
M.Phil Research Scholar
Centre for The Study of Law and Governance Jawaharlal Nehru University New
Delhi India

ia.org.in

sent through this mailing list..