it's true Gorge Sir, until & unless we know the list of candidates and
their serial number then how will we come to know to which number we
have to press the button, on EVM machine if the names are provided
against the buttons it will take long time to read where there will be
more candidates, for example in Timarpur constituance there were 12
candidates we can't waste our time reading near EVM machine the other
people in the line will start shouting, so I request you to write to
Election Commission to provide Braille list of candidates outside the
Poling booth so that we can decide to which number we can press
button.

On 12/5/13, George Abraham <geo...@eyeway.org> wrote:
> Friends,
>

> I do not think merely providing Braille on the EVMs buttons is the
> solution. Most blind voters will not be able to read Braille. The solution
> has to be more universal. Providing Braille notings on buttons is a cut and
> paste solution. We need to take the matter with the EVM manufacturers or
> the EC needs to understand the issue of access and then come up with a
> solution.
>

> I would like to take the matter up with the EC post the 8th of December.
> Anyone wanting to join me can connect with me off the list.
>

> Regards,
>

> George
>

> CEO
>
> Score Foundation
>
> 17/107, LGF,
>
> Vikramvihar, Lajpatnagar 4,
>
> New Delhi 110024
>
> Ph: 91 11 26472581,91 11 46070396
>
> Mob: 91 9810934040
>
> Email: geo...@eyeway.org
>
> Website: www.scorefoundation.org.in/www.eyeway.org
>
> Skype: georgeabraham13

vivekananda Ph-9868954833, skype: vivekkavya, FB: vivek doddamani.