Friends, I am mentioning here few recent examples of blatant
discrimination with blind people and specially 100% blind.

Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank, a regional rural bank of West Bengal
recently notified vacancies for "office assistance" post of which
overall 6 seats are reserved for PWD, but all these seats were
reserved for OC category only.
I filed a complaint with CCPD and had a conversation with Mr. Chief
Commissioner, who assured me that his office will issue a direction to
the bank for following the due reservation system thereby including VI
and other categories to  participate in the recruitment process.

Now, I am apprehensive whether the proposed national commissions for
persons with disabilities will be having such power to direct any
employer to secure the seats for Visually Impaired?

        Another example of blatant discrimination with 100% blindness
is the denial of Allahabad Bank in its last clerical recruitment where
even after securing allotment from IBPS 100% blind are outrightly
rejected from giving them job, saying that "which law says that
blindness means 100% blindness"? "We do not have any work for 100%
blind". However, low vision candidates are selected by same bank in
same recruitment.
Completely unnerved by this unashamed discrimination, one of 100%
blind candidates approached to CCPD with the hope of getting justice.

Will this new bill eliminate any such possibility of hidden or
barefaced discrimination with full blind or open new windows to
rampant such discriminations?
I think that it's high time for entire VI Community to standby with
legitimate  demands and should not compromise with few pieces of
cheese which is being offered  to lure us and silent our mouth.

On 2/3/14, Ajay Minocha <ajayminoc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> passengers in railway, therefore, we cannot appoint them in railways
>> as it is a legitimate end. Similarly, government can argue that
>> hearing impaired cannot be given driving license, because they may
>> cause problem to the public order. Guys there can be thousands of
>> legitimate ends for the government that we cannot even think of at
>> this point of time.
>>
>> On 2/3/14, Ajay Arora <ajayaror...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> On amendment, I would just say that copyright bill was passed in late
>>> 1950s and it took us sixty long years to seek even one amendment for
>>> disableds that too after many right to read campaigns in many parts of
>>> the country. Even kanchan mam was personally involved in many of those
>>> campaigns. Therefore, the idea of having amendments later, does not
>>> seem to be well placed to me.
>>> Let me give few examples of how this bill should not be passed:
>>> 1.  the proposed national commissions for persons with disabilities
>>> cannot give directions,  whereas ccpd could. It can only give
>>> recommendations.
>>> 2. the definition for low vision and totally blind is very complocated
>>> and vague. it says that for totally blind the upper limit of having
>>> the benefit of reservation will be 6by 60. which means anybody who can
>>> see things upto six metres will be counted in totally blind category.
>>> And anybody who can see upto two metre and beyond will come under low
>>> vision. Now this "beyond" can be anything, it can be 8 metres or 16
>>> metres. Now please understand that all those who can see upto six
>>> metres will be preferred in the category of totally blind, because
>>> they can see and still they will be considered as totally blind.
>>> Whereas, those who are really hundred percent blind will be
>>> marginalized by the employers.
>>> I'm sure that even kanchan mam would not want this bill to be passed
>>> in its present form. she also would want it to be sent to the standing
>>> committee.
>>> with regards
>>> Ajay
>>>

>> --
>> Ajay Arora phd research scholar
>> Centre for the Study of Law and Governance
>> JNU
>> Nelson Mandela Marg
>> New Delhi India
>> Contact Mobile +91-8826360111.
>> email:
>> ajayaror...@gmail.com
>>
>> Time to meet up again!
>> Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:
>> http://accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

>> of
>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

>> mails

> Ajay Minocha
> Mob : +91-9584076767
> E mail : ajayminoc...@gmail.com
> ajayminocha2...@rediffmail.com
> Skype: ajayminocha2
>
> Time to meet up again!
> Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:

Thanks and regards
                   Himanshu Sahu
Reach: 09051055000
Skype: himanshu.cute4u