on the name of security I can't support at all this capture code. webvisum is not a solution it is just a tool to help. what would i do at a time if the webvisum server is not working in emergancy? and it accepts only 20 hits a day, sometimes in my office I have to make 30 to 40 online income tax payment, is it fair to call each and everry time to my sighted colleague? If you will support this on the name of security, no website will remove this capture code. it is just a fobia and nothing more then that. instead of wasting our time in discussing the matter better a strong action should be taken against this capture. we have already many discussions regarding this problem but got no result at all. I request you all to please go ahead for conclusive action or end this topic here right now. this is a plateform of inteligent people and in my opinion the discussion of intelligent people never concludes. instead it converts in arguement. I am completely blind and my screen reader don't read this capture. this is one line question and I did not get any absolute answer from this group.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Zujar Shabbir Kanchwala" <zujarbri...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Inaccessible Java based ITR forms

Hi!

The CAPTCHA is primarily introduced by web sites to key bots at bay.
They address security and web traffic concerns but their
inaccessibility pose challenges for users like us who cannot see
images. Audio based and random, obvious questions in plain text form
can prove helpful to us but web sites definitely need to be smarter
enough to filter out bad/malicious requests using better
aalternatives. For example:

1. ICICI Direct asks for PAN or date of birth along with User ID and
Passwird on the login screen.
HDFC Bank has a two-step login process where step 1 accepts only User
ID and validates it. If correct then it takes the user to step 2 where
user specified secure code and picture are displayed for user
verification and accepts the password along with a confirmation
whether the secure code and picture are correct.
3. LinkedIn asks for solving CAPTCHA only when a user enters incorrect
credentials in the sign-in attempt (though this is good fir users
entering correct credentials in the first attempt, it's not so good
for others).

The OTP on mobile is good but again a dependency on the phone being
registered with the site and being available with the user.

Webvisum on the Firefox browser is of great help in solving such
CAPTCHA. I've successfully filed my IT returns on the e-filing site
without requiring any sighted assistance.

Note that pasting from the clipboard is not allowed in the CAPTCHA box
on the e-filing web site. So you may either memorize it or paste it to
Notepad and read it from there while signing in.

A word of caution - Do not enter credentials before solving the
CAPTCHA using WebVisum as it may submit your credentials to WebVisum
which is insecure.