Dear All,

Greetings from Mauritius. I hope that you are all well.

I am back in Mauritius from the US since 2nd August. Some major events
took place since my return. I am now the acting Chairperson of DPO
Mauritius. There was a Disability Business Forum held on 15-16
September 2014 in Mauritius whereby Mr. Javed Abidi was in Mauritius.
In fact he is leaving Mauritius today.

Coming back to my participation in the Young African Leaders
Initiative: it has been a tremendously enriching experience. I had 6
weeks of course on Civic Leadership at Rutgers University, New Jersey.
I experienced an inclusive society for 7 weeks in the US. I was in
Washington DC during the 7th week. I met with President Obama and the
First Lady. I shook hands with President Obama and hugged the First
Lady. Some days ago I have been presented a Microsoft Internship This
internship is being given to only 100 fellows on the total of 500
fellows who participated in the fellowship in the US. I have accepted
the offer and will start my internship in Microsoft Office in
Mauritius soon. I am so delighted to contribute to the welfare of my
fellow friends with visual impairment in Mauritius.

Hope you all prosperity and good luck in your endeavor,

Aarthi Burtony