Yes Aarthi,
We would be glad to know in greater detail what Mr Abidi spoke over
their. Frankly,
in India we have a very negative image of Mr Abidi as far as the
welfare of disabled and particularly welfare of blind people goes.

On 9/19/14, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wonderful.
> I'd be glad if you inform us more what Mr Abidi spoke there as an
> Indian Disability Rights Activist?
>
> On 9/19/14, Aarthi Burthony <aburtony...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Greetings from Mauritius. I hope that you are all well.
>>
>> I am back in Mauritius from the US since 2nd August. Some major events
>> took place since my return. I am now the acting Chairperson of DPO
>> Mauritius. There was a Disability Business Forum held on 15-16
>> September 2014 in Mauritius whereby Mr. Javed Abidi was in Mauritius.
>> In fact he is leaving Mauritius today.
>>
>> Coming back to my participation in the Young African Leaders
>> Initiative: it has been a tremendously enriching experience. I had 6
>> weeks of course on Civic Leadership at Rutgers University, New Jersey.
>> I experienced an inclusive society for 7 weeks in the US. I was in
>> Washington DC during the 7th week. I met with President Obama and the
>> First Lady. I shook hands with President Obama and hugged the First
>> Lady. Some days ago I have been presented a Microsoft Internship This
>> internship is being given to only 100 fellows on the total of 500
>> fellows who participated in the fellowship in the US. I have accepted
>> the offer and will start my internship in Microsoft Office in
>> Mauritius soon. I am so delighted to contribute to the welfare of my
>> fellow friends with visual impairment in Mauritius.
>>
>> Hope you all prosperity and good luck in your endeavor,
>>
>> Aarthi Burtony

>> of
>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

>> mails

> Avinash Shahi
> Doctoral student at Centre for Law and Governance JNU

Ritesh Singh Tomer
Research Scholar {M.Phil.}
Zakir Hussain Center for Educational  Studies,
JNU - New Delhi - 110067