From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
avinash shahi
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2015 9:51 PM
To: accessindia
Subject: [AI] CBSE-NET June 2015: Visually Challenged aspirants harassed to the
Core

I'm reproducing my FB post and solicit members responses who appeared for the
exam

Let me share my experience with you all,others do share we will write
collectively to the CBSE/UGC/HRD Ministry. friends from the media fraternity
are humbly requested to cover widely.

1.      The UGC and the CBSE have outrightly overlooked the writer
guidelines issued by the government of India for conducting exams for persons
with disabilities. Instead of verifying candidate-own scribe’s document on the
date of examination, The CBSE imposed extra burden and asked blind candidates’
to take permission one day prior to the exam.
Now one could easily apply one’s common sense to comprehend the discrimination.
When the all non-disabled aspirants were busy doing last-minute preparation,
blind candidates struggled from pillar to post in reaching the different
centres for availing  permission to use writers. Most of them who are very
poor, were forced to incur extra money unnecessairily Courtesy the CBSE.
2.      My examination centre was in Bosco Public School Pashchim Vihar
Delhi. And to my disappointment, CBSE officials didn’t give writer-fee to my
scribe. They contended that the CBSE would only provide writer fee to those
scribes who were arranged by the schools. I argued that when authorities had
verified the documents provided by my scribe and he fulfilled the criteria
recquired for writing the exam; why this different treatment meted to him? The
CBSE representative again telephoned to the head office and was informed that
the CBSE formulated the policy where scribes braught by the candidates would be
provided no remuneration. I ask why this discrimination? If need arises I’m
determined to go to the Court against the UGC and the CBSE.
We’ve faced enough humiliation. Its no more be tolerated. I urge other
candidates to share their experiences,we will collate, compile, then correspond
with the UGC, CBSE and the HRD Ministry.

--
Avinash Shahi