From: Abbiss, Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: maandag 20 oktober 2003 11:58
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [ActiveDir] FSMO role holding DC's

I have nudged this issue in an earlier post but would like to ask again for
confirmation from the collective genius contained in this list.

Do all DC's in a domain HAVE to have a direct connection to the FSMO role
holding machines or is there a way of "proxying" these roles ?

What are some of the likely major implications of maintaining a DC without
access to FSMO role holders ? The DC in question is replicating with other
DC's, so has all objects but just doenst have any connection to the FSMO
role holders.

Any thoughts ?

Many thanks