-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shawn Hayes
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 2:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Restore AD

Why is it that MS hasn't added a deleted Security Principal retention
for AD much like Exchange Server's deleted mailbox retention?  Wouldn't
that greatly simply recovering from small mishaps?   I am not talking
about the tombstone feature with Windows 2003 AD where you still have to
manually recover Group Membership when recovering an account, but
something actually intelligent and useful that would restore Group
Membership when restoring accounts.  Shit, recover a Group from Deleted
Security Principal retention and have it add the back links to the
memberof attribute of the users that were members of the Group before
the Group was deleted.  Recover an OU and it restores Security
Principals and Members and Memberof attributes of all Security
Principals within the OU.  Anybody heard of something like this coming
down the pike?

Shawn Hayes
MCSE (2003, 2000, NT) Messaging
Systems Engineer