-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shawn Hayes
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 2:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Restore AD

Why is it that MS hasn't added a deleted Security Principal retention for AD
much like Exchange Server's deleted mailbox retention?  Wouldn't that
greatly simply recovering from small mishaps?   I am not talking about the
tombstone feature with Windows 2003 AD where you still have to manually
recover Group Membership when recovering an account, but something actually
intelligent and useful that would restore Group Membership when restoring
accounts.  Shit, recover a Group from Deleted Security Principal retention
and have it add the back links to the memberof attribute of the users that
were members of the Group before the Group was deleted.  Recover an OU and
it restores Security Principals and Members and Memberof attributes of all
Security Principals within the OU.  Anybody heard of something like this
coming down the pike?

Shawn Hayes
MCSE (2003, 2000, NT) Messaging
Systems Engineer