From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Molkentin, Steve
Sent: 30 May 2006 17:52
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] AD lag sites and replication

Neil asked...

> I'm looking to implement one or more lag sites, with

> staggered replication schedules. (i.e. NYC lag replicates

> tues and thurs, 2-4 am; LON lag replicates mon, wed and fri 2-4 am).

> We're concerned that admins can still force replication

> outside of these hours using repadmin or replmon etc.

> Is there a (supported) way to ensure that replication can

> ONLY occur within the hours described above?

Tell them not to?

Seriously, if something is being put in place for a reason and it is

explained to them, why would they want to go and work against it? Isn't

the person implementing it someone in a position of authority to say

"this is how we'll solve this problem"?

As always... "there are seldom good technological solutions to

behavioural problems".

Given this is all hypothetical, and yet to be a problem, but you get

what I am regurgitating here.

My $0.02 inc GST.

themolk.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx