-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Molkentin, Steve
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 12:52 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] AD lag sites and replication

Neil asked...

> I'm looking to implement one or more lag sites, with
> staggered replication schedules. (i.e. NYC lag replicates
> tues and thurs, 2-4 am; LON lag replicates mon, wed and fri 2-4 am).
>
> We're concerned that admins can still force replication
> outside of these hours using repadmin or replmon etc.
>
> Is there a (supported) way to ensure that replication can
> ONLY occur within the hours described above?

Tell them not to?

Seriously, if something is being put in place for a reason and it is
explained to them, why would they want to go and work against it? Isn't
the person implementing it someone in a position of authority to say
"this is how we'll solve this problem"?

As always... "there are seldom good technological solutions to
behavioural problems".

Given this is all hypothetical, and yet to be a problem, but you get
what I am regurgitating here.

My $0.02 inc GST.

themolk.