Hi –

When I travel with my standard issue Dell D600 (1.5GB RAM), I get maybe two
hours out of a fully charged battery while doing standard Word, Excel,
Outlook stuff. Throw in Visio or (ugh) Quickbooks and cut that time in half.
Sometimes, I try to disable services that I know I will not need on the
plane (does antivirus really need to autoprotect on the plane?), but I can’t
tell you that this actually gives me any more battery.

Any recommendations for battery-life extending tricks, tools, services to
disable, etc? Greatly appreciated as I head across the country for the late
December boogie.

Thanks.

-- nme