From: Brian Desmond
Sent: Tue 12/12/2006 7:49 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Way OT: Laptop Battery Life

I have this model too. Kill the Wifi and Bluetooth for starters. Wifi is Fn+F2
I think.

Next, get a media bay battery from Dell - it can give you several (up to 4)
more hours in my experience.

I go through batteries pretty quickly - I think I killed the media bay battery
(or at met its half life) in about 6 months. A combination of desk work and
being mobile does this because of the uneven discharge/charge cycles. You can
either be real meticulous about taking care of the batteries or start hitting
your IT department up for new ones.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
[EMAIL PROTECTED]