________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Desmond
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:49 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Way OT: Laptop Battery Life

I have this model too. Kill the Wifi and Bluetooth for starters. Wifi is
Fn+F2 I think.

Next, get a media bay battery from Dell - it can give you several (up to
4) more hours in my experience.

I go through batteries pretty quickly - I think I killed the media bay
battery (or at met its half life) in about 6 months. A combination of
desk work and being mobile does this because of the uneven
discharge/charge cycles. You can either be real meticulous about taking
care of the batteries or start hitting your IT department up for new
ones.

Thanks,

Brian Desmond

[EMAIL PROTECTED]