~Ben

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Darren Mar-Elia
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:56 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Lockdown CD-ROM access for some

Ben-

You might want to consider one of the 3rd party solutions for this.
There are several on the market that both use and don't use Group Policy
to implement lockdown. Check out Securewave and DesktopStandard, among
others. If you don't have a budget, then there is a policy hack you can
use to just disable the CD device driver altogether. This would be on a
per computer basis though-not per user. See the following KB for
details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555324

Darren