  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of WATSON, BEN
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:36 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Lockdown CD-ROM access for some

I have been given a task for our secured environments (by secured, I mean
government clearances required) to develop a means to lock down access to
the CDROM drive at a user based level.  They want most users to be
restricted from using the CDROM drives in anyway, but allow a certain
security group the ability to have full use of their CDROM drives.

As far as I can tell, there is not a group policy that allows for this type
of granular lockdown of the devices.  Any suggestions on how to best tackle
this?

Information simply cannot leave these secured environments, and they no
longer want users to have unfettered access to CD/DVD burners.  The drive
letter of the CD drives may not always be the same, in fact some machine's
drive letters may vary wildly.

Thanks,

~Ben